Thursday, June 30, 2011

For Reese and the Gilfillans

I am not sure how to start this post. I desperately want to lift baby Reese and the Gilfillans in prayer and I suppose our prayers should be enough. We talk to the Almighty directly and he answers us. He has been faithful to me and my family, answering our prayers daily and even providing for unforeseen needs. However, here is baby Reese whose trials this past week seem insurmountable and Rob and Bre Ann whose uncertainty must feel torturous. As a father, it is hard for me to imagine a second of peace amidst that storm. It makes it hard to pray for something for which I lack faith of possibility. I believe that God can heal Reese, but I cannot imagine what the family is experiencing.

Lord give me the faith to believe you can do ALL things!

Another thing I feel is a sense of helplessness, knowing that only God can wrap his arms around that baby her family. It feels much like my own inability to heal myself, but seeing others suffer is much more difficult and has me faced with the human urge to "do" something. Maybe it's the masculine "fit it" mentality that has my stomach in knots. There is NOTHING I can do but pray, and it is hard when my lack of faith make God feel so far away.

Lord give me the discipline to pray for Reese and her family, even when my faith is weak. Heal her body. Give her parents inexplicable peace and rest, and let the world know you are God through the accomplishment of your will.

Praying for Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment