Tuesday, June 7, 2011

We are still waiting. Everything is happening slower than it was supposed to. I suppose it's human anxiety that maintains a stronger foothold on our schedule than it really should. Who am I to question the timing? Have I not yet learned my lesson about who is really in control here?

The other day, Kelly was recalling years ago how her closest friends in Bellingham moved to the other side of the country within a few month of each other. At the time it was devastating for her, and it has been difficult since then to stay close with people that she gets to see maybe once every couple years. But here's the thing, one of her friends moved to Elkton, MD, a mere 45 miles from Baltimore. See what I'm getting at here people. The Great Conductor started writing this score years ago, and we just need to pick up our instruments and play the notes.

My summer at "Camp Hopkins" will not begin for at least another week, once blood samples have been tested and a Bone Marrow match is confirmed. I imagine my summer camp experience will be a lot like my previous experiences, except that first hour boating will be replaced with first hour "IV bagging" and second hour sailing will take the form of second hour "trying not to puke...ing." Historically, my visits to the infirmary to see the nurse have worked out well, so I am encouraged.

God's ability to provide for our needs has been nothing short of miraculous. Many of you have given financially, for which we could never say enough to truly express our thanks. Many co-workers of mine donated sick time so that I could end my school year early to prepare. Many prayers have already been answered in the early stages, and we have faith that God's plan for my health and our future is secure. Your continued prayers are heard and appreciated.

It is with our human attempts at patience and faith we await the call to leave. In the meantime, we will enjoy this rare season of time together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment